We understand that after the expectant mother is sick during pregnancy, if the treatment is not timely, the condition will be delayed and aggravated, which will cause more harm to the fetus, and some drugs are relatively safe for mothers and infants. Don't suffer from "drug-phobia", the disease should be treated in time, and you can choose medicines that are safe for pregnant women and fetuses. So in order to protect the health of mothers and infants, what should we pay attention to when choosing medicines and medications?
Can pregnant women not take medicine? How to choose the medicine suitable for pregnant women?
It can be used, but it should be used under the guidance of a doctor, and a drug suitable for pregnant women should be selected. The purpose is to have a therapeutic effect and at the same time minimize the adverse effects of the drug on the fetus. The United States Food and Drug Administration (hereinafter referred to as FDA) classifies medicines into 5 grades according to their harm to the fetus: A, B, C, D, and X. Among them, the drugs of grade A and B are safe for pregnant women and fetuses. [Grade A] In a drug study with a control group, women in the first 3 months of pregnancy saw no signs of harm to the fetus (and there was no evidence of harm in the following 6 months). These drugs have little effect on the fetus. [Grade B] In animal reproduction studies (no controlled studies of pregnant women), no adverse effects of the drug on the fetus have been seen. Or the side effects of the drug have been found in animal reproduction studies, but these side effects have not been confirmed in controlled women in the first 3 months of pregnancy. [Grade C] Animal studies have shown that the drug is harmful to the fetus (teratogenic or embryonic death, etc.), or there is no controlled study of pregnant women, or studies of pregnant women and animals have not been conducted. This class of drugs can only be used after it has determined that the benefits to pregnant women outweigh the harm to the fetus. [Class D] There is clear evidence that the drug is harmful to the human fetus. [Level X] Drug research on animals and humans or experience with human medicine shows that the drugs are harmful to the fetus. And pregnant women do not benefit from using these drugs, so it is contraindicated in patients who are pregnant or may become pregnant.
Four principles for the safe use of medicines for pregnant women
[Principle 1] See a doctor in time and explain clearly the condition and pregnancy to the doctor.
After getting sick, you should see a doctor in time. There are several things to be explained to the doctor in advance when you see a doctor:
1. Which stage of pregnancy you are currently in;
2. Any previous history of allergies;
3. The relevant past medical history, as well as the time of onset, symptoms, development and other conditions.
[Principle 2] After taking the medicine, check it clearly and ask the usage and dosage.
1. After getting the doctor's prescription, when you take the medicine in the pharmacy, you should compare the medicine with the prescription or payment, and don't take it wrong;
2. If you do not understand or are unclear about the usage and dosage of the medicine, you should ask the doctor in time and ask which foods or medicines to avoid during the medicine.
[Principle 3] Store the medicine properly after returning home and take the medicine as directed by the doctor.
1. After buying the medicines home, you should read the medicine storage requirements indicated on the medicine box, such as "normal temperature", "protect from light and dry" etc .;
2. Before the medicine is finished, the original packaging box and instructions should be kept as much as possible. If there is a special label on the usage and dosage on the doctor's prescription, it should also be kept;
3. It is recommended to separate the internal medicine and external medicine;
4. Follow the doctor's instructions to take the medicine, do not change the dosage and even stop the medicine.
【Principle 4】 If you have any uncomfortable reaction during taking the medicine, you should see the doctor again in time
Finally, to remind all prospective mothers: Illness during pregnancy, the most taboo is blind diagnosis, unauthorized medication, must go to the hospital in time to see the doctor, according to the doctor's prescription medication. Because even for A-level and B-level drugs, it is still very dangerous to do not follow the doctor's instructions and increase the dosage by yourself, such as non-standard medication!